Monday, May 09, 2011

Happy Homemaker Tags for May

Welcome, Happy Homemaker Tag-a-longers! Can you believe we are almost to the half way mark? Yep, we are, and once again I opted for a tried and true theme for my tags over the more ambitious options such as Oyster Day, No Diet Day, Lumpy Rug Day, or Potatoes and Limes Month.



My Mother's Day/May Flowers tag is pretty simple, but I thought I'd include a close up shot to better show three of the less visible 'techniques' I used on it. #1. I machine stitched the flower stems. #2. I cut flowers from Material Girl patterned paper to put behind the Material Girl chipboard flowers for added dimension. #3. I folded the Material Girl's arms behind her back to make it look like she was hiding her bouquet for mom.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to see you again next month. Who knows, maybe I'll go with something crazy for my theme. Which would you choose? National Splurge Day, Waffle Iron Day, or the ever popular Name Your Poison Day?

7 comments:

Kimmie said...

Love your tags...so creative and cute. What are u using them for?

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

My Crafty Little Page said...

Such a cute tag - I'm doing mine today - late - ack! Good luck on your blog - it's the changes in blogger design. I'm using the old Minima Stretch - I think you just need to select "minima" and your blog will go back to normal. xo Nancy

Nan said...

Such a colorful and darling tag you made. We're using the same papers.

Shean said...

Love it so much. Love the close up of the techniques thanks.

She'sSewPretty said...

What a sweet tag. I can't believe we are almost half done already!!

Creative Breathing said...

Debbie, Your post makes me want to jump back in and create tags again. I'm going to think on it. I love the mischevious effect of the flowers behind the little figure as though they are a surprise. Too cute! Thank you so much for sharing your art with us! Elizabeth

M.Kate said...

I've been away from the blog for too long :( I miss blogging, I miss you :)

Love the tags! as usual, yours are always the most creative ever. Hey, LOVE, LOVE the new blog makeover, its amazing! Happy week my friend.