Friday, April 08, 2011

Happy Homemaker Tags for April

Welcome Swappers! Welcome spring! We've had a huge dose of April showers already this month (39 days straight!), but that's Oregon for you. It's also the reason I went with April Showers for my tag theme even though April is also National Pecan Month, National Welding Month, and International Guitar Month :)



I used a cocktail umbrella I've had in my stash for the umbrellas. The handles were little plastic swords, also from my stash. I struggled over what to use for the clouds. I fiddled with ribbon, felt, craft foam, and cotton balls. I liked the pieces of cotton balls best, but after I stuck them on with Herma dotto I didn't like the look after all. I tried to pull the pieces off but some of it stuck. That turned out to be a happy mistake because I liked it! So added enough Herma dotto to cover the top, added more cotton, then pulled it off.


To complete the rainy day theme I applied JudiKins Diamond Glaze to make a "puddle" along the bottom and over the Material Girl's galoshes. She sure looks happy holding that butterfly. Maybe she's thinking about the sunny days and May flowers to come? I know I am!

12 comments:

My Crafty Little Page said...

Hi Debbie - I love everything about this tag - the clouds look like rainclouds and the umbrella is darling and I think the boots are just completely adorable. Love the whole thing and I just have to try to make clouds like you. :) Nancy

Pixie said...

Those are some super-sweet tags! I love the fluffy cloud effect and how clever to use those little umbrellas! Lovely work!

Angela said...

Wow what a great idea! Super cute!

M.Kate said...

Hello Debbie, fabulous tags!! You are so creative as usual. Hope you are enjoying spring...love ya!

Nan said...

What wonderful details on your tags I just love them. Great idea on the puddle and the clouds I like that!

Shean said...

Love the tags and a great use for those great umbrella in my fruity drinks.

She'sSewPretty said...

I love your tag. I bought some of that paper and have yet to use it! I love the little umbrella and your fluffy clouds!

Kimmie said...

those are so cute...thinking you should somehow turn them into greeting cards and sell them on your blog (or etsy or artfire...or something like that.)

so cute.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Linda said...

I love the umbrellas! Adorable tags!

dthaase said...

come and join the whimsy pool @ http://dthaase-lines.blogspot.com/p/whimsical-wednesday.html

Teena in Toronto said...

So cute!

Happy blogoversary :)

Sian Kummer said...

Hi Debbie :)
Sorry Ive been the most terrible blogfriend in history. Since bloglines closed (and then remained open. grrr) Ive been using a different reader but couldnt import my old feeds so I lost everything. I also deleted my facbeook account so Ive been hopeless at keeping in contact. I ended up googling your blog to find you again! I love all your latest little creations! This tag is so so sweet!! So detailed!
Anyway just wanted to stop by and say hello :)
xoxo Siany