Wednesday, February 09, 2011

*Happy Homemaker Tag Along Swap, the fun continues!


Welcome! These are my "Material Girl" tags for February. Elizabeth suggested that we share the techniques we use on our tags. Mine are pretty simple really, and not too difficult to figure out, if I'd taken a close up shot, but it's late and the lighting is bad, so I'll just point out a few:

At Elizabeth's suggestion, I sandwiched a cereal box foundation for the tag between the background papers on the front and patterned paper on the back of the card. Then I stitched around the edge a couple of times.

The heart was also cut from a cereal box, then adhered to self-adhesive felt and cut out again. I used pearl cotton thread to hand stitch around the heart and secured the needle in the paper doll's hand for a fun affect.

To stick to my theme of using sewing notions on all of my tags, I also glued a teensy button to her dress and tied bows of pearl cotton to her pigtails.

That's it for this month! Maybe next month I'll take pictures of the steps involved in making the "Material Girls."

Thanks for stopping by,
:Debbie

*Click on the post title if you want to see more tag along tags.

18 comments:

My Crafty Little Page said...

Oh my gosh - that is so creative, clever and cute all at the same time. I love all the texture and dimension. It's darling! The whole thing is darling! xoxo Nancy

Kimmie said...

So cute (or should I say sew cute!)

Very creative and what a beautiful outcome...makes me feel crafty!

I didn't even know there was such a thing as adhesive felt...boy do I need to get out more (hee-hee).

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Tamera @ the Stone Fence Cottage said...

Adorable!! The little girls are too too cute!

Linda said...

So cute! I love it!

My Vintage Mending said...

Super cute and clever. I love the thread that follows off to the side. I have a thing for button especially that size (doll size). Really like how you used all the pieces and the colors. Lovely! Renee

Paula Clare said...

SO cute...I love the way the little girl is non chalantly carrying that GIANT HEART! And the stitching made it SEW cute! ha!

Love the tag...great job!

Shean said...

I love the tag the stitching and giving her a needle to hold just amazing.

jrrstamper said...

I loved the tags Debbie, you are always so clever.

Amy said...

I so want to be your partner. Is there a way to make that happen? I love the work you do and I hope you like mine too.
let me know if we can be partners please.
Till next month....

lizzidroege said...

so very cute that image is wonderful, i love your next post as well wonderful work.....
xoxo
lizzi

Sandy said...

Your tag is just to darn cute! I love what you did with the stitching! And the little girl..I'm so smitten with her.
Adorable is what comes to my mind when I look at your tag.
xoso Sandy O

She'sSewPretty said...

I think they're adorable!! I love the red heart with the stitching!

Creative Breathing said...

Debbie, I am really enjoying your Material Girls! Wow!You really did do a lot of sewing with this tag. It is absolutely perfectly perfect. Cute as can be, what more can I say? I just love your tag! It is such fun having you in this year long swap, and I already am looking forward to next months! Elizabeth

M.Kate said...

Hello Debbie :) woot! You are back in the blog again...which I am so happy, cant say the same for me :(( I have been both so busy and lazy to even visit my own blog, let alone post anything...but super happy you are back, that's motivation for me I guess. I love the pigtails! As usual, you are very creative. Hugs/M

Linda said...

Such cute tags...I love them!

Patty@sewingseeds said...

What a clever tag. The stitching on the heart, the button and the thread add sew much. Just adorable!

Nan said...

Wow this is just so stunning and very unique with that heart on there with the stitching. I love what you did.

Valerie said...

How sweet is she?......I feel the need to stitch wool/felt. I think Elizabeth has penetrated our minds. How weird is that? Your tag is thoughtful and consise. I thank you for sharing your art.