Monday, November 15, 2010

I blame Facebook!


I haven't blogged in nearly two months and I blame FB! It's quicker and easier and it seems that most people prefer that. With so many amazing blogs and internet sights to visit, I must admit, FB does have its advantages, BUT, I miss blogging! To me it seems more personal, like an online journal. Blogs are definitely more appealing to the eye ~ and I love eye candy! Sooo... I thought I'd better stop whining and stop neglecting my own blog.

I've been feeling Christmas in the air for a long time now. I even put up my faux tree about a week ago. I'm hoping to get it decorated this week, but before I get too carried away I thought I'd share this card I made for a friend's birthday last month. I copied the little girls from a vintage pattern envelope and cut them out by hand to layer over the faux pattern scrapbook paper. I typed out the "sew glad we're friends" on my trusty ole typewriter from the thrift store, cut them out and glued them on. The "lace" was made with a Martha Stewart punch. A little embroidery floss, a Jenni Bowlin button, and sewing machine stitches around the edges complete the sewing theme. Hopefully I'll be finishing up more projects and sharing them soon :)

With Christmas just around the corner I'd love to hear your gift giving ideas. Leave me a comment if you have one you'd like to share. Thanks!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful card!! I love it!! I have yet to think about gift giving this Christmas although I am a better gift giver than gift receiver! I love giving gifts! Glad we met over some Yum sauce! :-)

M.Kate said...

Hey you buddy :P I missed you too. The card is super duper lovely, you are one smarty pants! Wow..the tree's up..that's early but who cares, as long as the fun start now too. going off tomorow and will think of you, the kids are super excited...love ya...hugs/M

Kimmie said...

I miss you too...
what a sweet card, you are very clever and very talented too!

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

My Crafty Little Page said...

I love this card! Dress patterns from the '50s and '60s are the best, aren't they. And yes, I like blogging - I'm sort of over FB! :) Nancy