Friday, July 23, 2010

This morning...






I went out to the garden for my daily appointment with God. It's a commitment I made last September and one that I try my best not to miss. We usually meet in the spare room of my house, but the weather has been nice in the mornings lately so I decided to take advantage of that. As I sat there on my swing I couldn't help but think of this quote:

"One is nearer God's heart in a garden than anywhere else on earth." ~author unknown

It's such a lovely thought, but I'm so happy it isn't really true. My God is willing to meet with me anywhere and everywhere, and in fact, my heart is his home!

4 comments:

Genie Robinson said...

Debbie..What a beautiful post and what a beautiful stop to sit and commune with God. Seeing you angel reminds me of how I love walking through old cemeteries and photographing the beautiful angels on the tombstones. There is something so special about them. Hope you are having a cooler weekend out there than are here in VA.

Hugs,
Genie
buttonsforbaga.blogspot.com
flossingmyblessingsblogspot.com

jrrstamper said...

I don't come and read your Blogg as often as I would like, but fo everytime I get a link to it. I really enjoyed this and your yard is just beautiful. I always remember the little tea we had out there and when I think of that it brings me such peace and reminds me how special you are to me. I love you so much and miss all the times we use to share. Thank you

M.Kate said...

Beautiful post and garden. I am in the garden every morning at 6.30am..that's when the 2 youngest ones goes to school with their father. So, it's gardening time for me and nothing makes me happier than being in the garden, there seems to be a deep connection with God too. It's the time I like to be on my own, pray or meditate..just a great way to start the day. Hugs...M

Kimmie said...

Your garden is lovely. I pray that the Lord warms your seat and then fills your heart when you come to spend time with Him each morning. I bet He loves it as much as you do Debbie.

Kimmie