Monday, June 07, 2010

"Stops Rain"


I saw this on Dawn's blog while blog hopping this morning and at first glance I thought it said, "Stops Rain." I guess my mind read it that way because I'm not in pain but, I am sick of the rain. The last time I mentioned that fact someone told me they love the rain in a tone that implied I was somehow inadequate. This is Oregon after all. Land of liquid sunshine. Land where people don't tan, they rust. Land of the web-footed humans and all that! So let me say in my defense, I love rain too! Seriously. As soon as fall is in the air I say bring on the rain. Winter? No problem, bring on the rain. (In fact, I'd rather have rain than gray skies.) Early spring? Let it rain. BUT, come late spring and certainly by early summer I say ENOUGH! Stop it already! It's time for a little sunshine. A little warmth. Even a little heat. I used to hate the heat until the summer we had none. Now I realize there is a time for every season. I just wish the rain realized it too!

{There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven... Ecclesiastes 3:1}

*I am more than happy to bring you this weather update:







2 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

I know how you feel Debbie! Here in Pittsburgh, we've already had so much rain in the past several weeks that they're fearful about the tomato crop! Already! Loved the post about Bompa's fingers! Kid's really do say the funniest things! Thanks for stopping by for a visit and becoming a follower. Come by any time!
Joyce

Marianne said...

Hey, we all need a little sunshine in our lives, Hope you get a good summer.