Sunday, May 02, 2010

Good times & Turkey Eggs

I had so much fun this weekend with my daughter Rachel!

It all began Friday with a trip to The Wren's Nest for this. But first we stopped in Eugene to look for vegetarian cookbooks because of this. I bought this one. And this one. I/we still plan on eating meat, but only from pasture-raised, hormone, antibiotic and chemical-free sources like this one we found Saturday right here in our own area. We were so happy to find this guy!


I bought these turkey eggs from him.


Yum! They taste just like chicken eggs. Seriously.

The Farmer's Market and Master Gardener's Plant Sale were the only places on our agenda Saturday, but naturally, like all good shoppers, we hit a few garage sales too. Enough to fill the CRV to the brim with treasures :)


I get to spend next weekend with my daughter Melea! More good times, I'm sure, but I don't think there will be more turkey eggs :)

5 comments:

rachel whetzel said...

LOVE the egg photos!!

danilouwho said...

such pretty eggs! I love eating pretty eggs, makes them that much better. :)

M.Kate said...

Honestly Debbie, I have never eaten Turkey eggs..I may not try them :( Happy weekend, have loads of fun and hey, if I am there...you bet I need more than a CRV OK..LOVE...m

creation said...

Hello Debbie,
its a refreshing experience to go thru your this blog.
seems like you had great fun sharing kind -of -organic eggs with your daughter.
i am humbled by the way you have been witnessing the saving Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
i am inspired.I am single and hope that Lord will bring the right one in my life and i am surely going to adopt daughters,will be needing your expert views some time.
Hugs
Rachana

latte_grande said...

Sounds like a perfect day.
PERFECT!
And the 100 squares sounds like an awesome project...I might try it myself sometime! Can't wait to see how yours turns out!