Friday, July 31, 2009

*Trying to keep cool

That's what I've been up to the past couple of weeks. We are in the middle of a heat wave here in Oregon and I hate heat. I can bear the 80s, but anything much over that sends me indoors. I've mentioned before that summer time = reading time to me. If it's nice outdoors I love nothing more than to spend the afternoon out back reading from my Happy Spot. (Ideally, followed by a nice nap.) When it's too hot, I move to the cool indoors. (I don't know how we survived for years without AC, but we did.)

Here's what I've read so far:
  • Every Woman Has A Story, compiled by Daryl Ott Underhill
  • Living A Charmed Life, by Victoria Moran
  • The Joy of Doing Things Badly, by Veronica Chambers
I enjoyed all of these, but if I had to pick a fave it would be that last two. I know, that's cheating! What's the best book you've read lately? I often read books I've seen recommended in blogland, so I'd love to hear.

Currently working through:
  • The Artist's Way, by Julia Cameron (a twelve week course in "Discovering and Recovering Your Creative Self." I'm on week one)
  • The Unsavvy Traveler: Women's Comic Tales of Catastrophe, by multiple travelers.
  • Attitudes of Gratitude, by M.J. Ryan
  • 30 Days to Taming Your Tongue, by Deborah Smith Pegues
  • Shelter for the Spirit, by Victoria Moran
  • Younger by the Day, by Victoria Moran
  • What's So Great About Christianity, by Dinesh D'Souza
Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it, especially if the weather cools down, lol!

*got this picture free from The Graphics Fairy. Love that site!

1 comment:

latte_grande said...

Mmmmm....your happy spot looks like a great place to relax and lose yourself in a book! I strongly recommend the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull...if you've read and enjoyed the Harry Potter series, then you'll love Fablehaven. If you haven't read HP...well, what on earth are you waiting for?!! lol
Loved hearing your voice the other day, even if it was from across the room! :)