Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sidetracked

That should be my middle name! OK, so here's the story. I was going to work on a layout and card or two today. But first, thinks me, I should clear off my desk so I can see it again and not feel guilty about playing the rest of the day. So I shred some of the papers I have filed away IN my desk to make room for the papers piled high ON my desk. HOURS later, when I get to the bottom of the pile, I find these notepads. Nearly twenty of them. I use these to make lists of things to do, groceries and things I need, books I want to read, quotes I like, etc. As tasks get done I tear out the pages UNLESS they have info on them that I want to keep. So today I decided it was finally time to organize that info. It is now nearly time to fix dinner. I have made a dent in the pile, but I don't think I'll get to my layouts and cards today. Still, it feels good to FINALLY be getting this chore done. Some of these are from 2002, so on second thought, maybe my middle name should be Procrastinate!

Here's one of the quotes I'll be adding to my stack of favorites,

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
~Einstein

8 comments:

M.Kate said...

hehe :D I was thinking about that too...sidetracked being your middle name, and one day, you'll see a post from me with this heading too :P

Siany said...

wow! thats alot of notes!! johnny laughed at me the other day because i tore out a piece of scrap-paper to make a To-Do list and on that list I wrote 'buy notebook for to-do lists'. I thought it was sensible!!

Kira Monopoly Rain said...

I keep journals- I've had one since I was about 7, and so far I'm on my 13th one!
I am glad to hear from you! Thank you for always commenting!

Malissa said...

I say there is an art to getting sidetracked! Not everyone can do it productively!

latte_grande said...

Hmmmm...I think there was some kind of mix-up...I'm not sure how this could've happened, but I'm pretty sure...I've got to be your biological daughter! Now to figure out who to sue, when we get around to it! lol

rachel whetzel said...

See... but you LOOK at your lists... I make them, and then never look at them!!

jas said...

I save quotes too, going on 10 years. Love the one you shared here.

Sandy said...

At least you are writing in them. I have a collection that are blank. I pick pretty covers and then don't want to goof with them!