Thursday, March 26, 2009

Never again? Then what's this?





These tell the story far better than I can. Please take a few minutes and watch at least one.

While a candidate for President, Senator Obama said, "If peace and security for the people of Sudan are not in place when one of us is inaugurated as President on January 20, 2009, we pledge that the next Administration will pursue these goals with unstinting resolve.

I don't pretend to know what I, or any government, can do to help. All I know for sure is I can't sit by and do nothing. I have to start somewhere. If you feel that way too, please join me in urging President Obama to keep his promise. You can do that here. If you are one of my friends from across the pond, I think it would be great for President Obama to hear from you too!

According to SaveDarfur, "The Sudanese government's recent decision to evict major aid organizations could lead to a humanitarian catastrophe. Millions of civilians are at immediate risk of starvation and disease." As if their own government didn't pose enough of a threat to their very survival! So please call, write, donate. Do something. Today. I promise you, you'll be glad you did.

2 comments:

M.Kate said...

Hello Debbie, so touching these videos. I always wonder why war and poverty will never end, and all those lost lives and pain. Hopefully, we can achieve our dreams one day Debbie, much love and big hugs for the weekend/m

Pagan Sphinx said...

With our own problems at home, it's easy for us to forget the incredible suffering of others. We need that reminder. Thanks. I'll take the link to write to Obama now.