Friday, February 20, 2009

My #1 Grandson


The little boy in *this layout* is now a whole foot taller than his Gma, who is a mere 5'4"! She can remember the day he was born as if it was yesterday and not fifteen years ago today. She can remember when she could change his diaper on her lap. She can remember rocking him to sleep out back on the swing on warm summer nights while listening to the frogs and crickets sing. She can remember how he used to wrap her hair around his fingers as he fell asleep. She can remember watching Thomas the Tank Engine and Pokeman videos with him. She can remember camping out in the living room with him. She can remember sitting in church with him on Saturday nights. She can remember all this and so much more. What she can't remember is where the time has gone.

*The pictures were taken five years ago, but I just made this layout today. Better late than never, right?

BTW, the pictures were taken on the Oregon Coast. In the summertime. Why the long pants and sweaters? Because, pretty as it may be, it ain't Hawaii!

2 comments:

M.Kate said...

Time flies Debbie. I remember my kids watching Barney and dont know how or when..they've graduated to a whole lot of new singers I have no idea of. My husband is worst, totally out of the loop as for the latest bands are concern. Happy weekend Debbie :D

latte_grande said...

What a beautiful layout and such precious memories! Darn near made me cry! Hope you had a wonderful weekend, and I LOVE your Hawaiian soundtrack! :)