Monday, September 29, 2008

A Week in the Life ~ Monday

I've decided to play along with Ali and document the everyday stuff of my life this week, so here goes...

I eat breakfast as soon as I get up. Weird, I know. No one else in my family does this. In fact, it was a challenge to get the girls to eat breakfast at all when they were growing up... In an attempt to maintain a healthy heart I have been eating oatmeal nearly every morning. I'm curious to find out if it really does lower cholesterol. Mine isn't high, but it had gone up a bit last time it was checked.

Gotta check my Bloglines while I eat my breakfast!

These two are a part of my morning routine too. Even if I don't watch the whole hour, John and I both enjoy their host chat and have "won" several trips answering the trivia questions correctly, LOL.

Have I mentioned lately that I am NOT a morning person? (Hey Nora, I feel bad about my neck too. And my chin, and my jowls, and my frown lines, LOL!)

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday so I tried to make up for it by taking a walk this morning. My endurance is improving, I can make it up this hill now without my head feeling like it is about to pop!

This hill isn't as steep, but it is longer. I forgot to get a picture from the bottom :(

Still walking...

There is a lack of pictures for the rest of the day because I got an awful headache when I got home from my walk. I pretty much lazed around and napped all afternoon. What a waste! I hate it when that happens!

Nani loves to sit and watch TV in the evening with us. Really, she loves anything with animals in it! Her favorite movie is Best in Show and her favorite TV station is Animal Planet. We make her watch The Dog Whisperer and hope it will help her with her manners :) She tends to boss the cats around and greets us with a bit too much enthusiasm and barking when we get home.

2 comments:

latte_grande said...

Hey, I'm NOT a morning person either and I MUST eat breakfast.....sometimes I have it for lunch when I oversleep, but I DO have breakfast! lol

Siany said...

How fun! Sorry to hear about your headache :(