Thursday, September 18, 2008

Today's my Beddian Birthday!

I hadn't really planned on posting about my birthday today. I don't really have any special plans. It was just going to be another day. Go to gym. Go to my cleaning job. Blah, blah, blah. But I got to thinking it was kind of unusual that today I turn 54 and I was born in '54. Then I got to thinking that not everyone has that kind of birthday ('00), or realizes they do, or lives to celebrate it. The average lifespan is around 74 years after all. So I went online to find out if this birthday has a special name. You can see from my post title that it does. And you can read all about it here and here. Going Like Sixty says, "So here’s a heads up. Figure out your Beddian Birthday and start spreading the word that this is damn special and you expect very special treatment and gifts on that day. You probably should post it on your blog - maybe a countdown even. " Too bad I didn't figure this out sooner so I could have milked it for all it's worth!!!

8 comments:

rachel whetzel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I LOVE YOU!!

MarĂ­a Elena said...

Debbie, Happy Birdthay to you!

Siany said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! You cant just let it be any other day - today is the one day of the year where youre 'allowed' to anything you want!! Treat yourself :)
I hope you have a lovely day!
xx
PS I have to wait until 2074 for my Beddian Birthday! Thats sooo far away!!! And I'll be pretty ancient lol!! (can you work out how old I'll be?)

lia said...

I learn something new every day! is this pic of you? this is such a precious photo!!! happy, happy, birthday!

M.Kate said...

Hello Debbie :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...you look very young for you age..come on spill the beans, what's the secret?

much love and hugs always..and have a great weekend :D

Debbie said...

Lia - Yes, the picture is of me. I think I was four, maybe five.

Her Vintage Stage said...

Hey you, I also turned 54 this year, If you ever want to take a class at Mystic youcan stay with me. It might be a bit costly with air fare. Lodging free! Your friend in AZ. Sandy

Dana said...

Happy Happy B-Day! I did not know Rachel was your daughter! What a double treat to know two people I like so much are related! I am off to check out what you made for the swap :)