Thursday, September 04, 2008

RING RING - Class is in session !

Minus the words, I've always kinda liked rap. This one not only sounds great, it's also a science lesson! So take your seat and listen carefully. You may learn something. I know I did!

At first glance this is just a picture of dorky little fifth grade me. At least that is what I thought when I first came across it earlier this week. But on closer inspection I see a happy little girl whose mother loved her so much she would spend hours sewing new school clothes for her every year. I see a little girl whose mother paid close attention to detail, right down to the matching hair ribbon and the fuzzy handmade buttons. I see a little girl whose mother made sure her only daughter's hair was brushed and tied neatly before she left for school everyday. And I see a little girl whose father worked hard to provide for his family and made sure his daughter had glasses when she needed them even though she hated them.

2 comments:

latte_grande said...

Uh, I didn't understand a single thing they talked about in that video! Boy, do I feel stupid! Catchy tune, though. lol
Love, love, LOVE this picture of you!! Except for more updated glasses, you look just the same now as you did then!! And what a sweet description of your parents....I hope my kids can see the same love when they look back at their childhood photos. :)

M.Kate said...

Dearest Debbie,
Firstly, you looked GREAT as a 5th grader, I am sure those specs looked cool! I know I hated mine when I was younger...(which was only recently hahaahaaa). I LOVE this post and it was those special details that your mom did for you and that makes it so memorable. I cant remember anything special with my mom though, we didn't have a special relationship then..but it improved over the years esp when my father died few years ago. Have a wonderful weekend, much love and hugs always :D