Monday, September 29, 2008

Goodbye Summer

The calendar tells me it's fall. I can feel a hint of it in the morning air and see it on the leaves, but with temps in the 80's it still seems like summer to me, so here is one last summer post.

I had a lot of fun hitting garage sales and estate sales this summer with my friend Donna. This is most of the stuff from our last outing of the summer. (I also found a toaster like the one I have and love for only $5.) I have developed an affection for what I call poor man's crystal, and was happy to get the relish dish and eight sets of little salt and pepper shakers for only a buck! The square quilt all the goodies are on was only 50 cents! In fact, I only spent twenty dollars this trip and Donna gave me that when we started the day for my birthday :)

Saturday I went to an all day crop and finally finished (minus the journaling) my summer journal for Teresa McFayden's class. Yeah!



1 comment:

latte_grande said...

Aaaw! What an adorable album! I should've sent you and Macs a birthday card, darnit. LOVE your garage sale and estate finds...simply lovely!!