Friday, June 20, 2008

Ah, sUmMer!


Today is the first day of summer and I am so happy!

Because it actually feels like summer for the first time in a long time.

I was sitting out back on my faithful old swing reading from my first official day of summer summer- read. The sun warming me slowly at first, then so much that I was forced back inside.

I like to be warm, but not hot! But, if it weren't for the heat I'd never appreciate and survive the long wet winters of the Pacific Northwest.

This is also the first summer of John's retirement, so my mind is busy dreaming of ways to fill our days, but I am also thinking of this Spanish Proverb:

How beautiful it is to do nothing and then rest afterward!

That is, after all, what summer is really for. Don't you agree?

2 comments:

MarĂ­a Elena said...

Debbie, happy holidays!

Christi said...

Mmmmm, I DO so agree! Happy first day of summer! :)