Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Welcome to Another Blog Party!

The lovely Marina from Argentina is hosting a "What Do You Like Best of Your Home Decoration? Party" on her blog, Only Cute Things. Thanks Marina, I LOVE blog parties!

I've been looking around my home with that question in mind and I've discovered a few things about myself.

First and second of all, I'm messy and I have LOTS of stuff. Actually, I've known those facts about myself for a long time, but it made it really hard to get decent pictures for this post!

Third, I've made a lot of that stuff, so the next time I'm feeling like I'm not being very productive I'll just take a closer look at what's right in front of my nose! This welcome sign is one example.

Fourth, I like my stuff. A lot.

And last of all, What I like Best of All About My Home Decoration is NOT the stuff, but the people and all the memories we've made here.

"When love adorns the home, other decorations are secondary" *see the end of post for more quotes


"A full cottage is better than an empty castle"

"A home is a house with a heart inside"

"The size of a house has nothing to do with how happy it is inside"

"Home is where our feet may leave, but not our hearts"

"A house is not a home unless it has food for the soul as well as the body"

Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to my daughter's for a couple of days, so once again I will be the last one to the party! I hope to come see you this weekend :)

12 comments:

CIELO said...

Love your "Welcome" charm... and those kids are beautiful! Enjoy the party

Cielo

Creating Myself said...

I love the welcome collage on your door. So creative! And I appreciate the reminder that a home is just 4 walls to welcome & protect our loved ones. Cami

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Your house does not look messy to me. It is lived and loved in so that is reality.
Thanks for sharing....it was a pleasure to view.

SILVIA said...

esta todo muy bonito, sobre todo la foto de ese nene hermoso lleno de espuma lo mas lindo de todo sin dudarlo
besitos

Ángela said...

I´d like everything but i love the photos, are wonderful.
Bye, Ángela

steviewren said...

Love those lines of artiness. Are those scrap pages or art journal pages? Very interesting! Thanks for the tour.

Marina Capano said...

Hi!Thanks for your participating in my party!I love the welcome collage on your door! all its so cute!

María Elena said...

Debbie,I am like you, I have all the things I'm using on the dining table or sofa, my husband tells me that we live in our house, and order and the decor is secondary.

cecilmil said...

hola gracias por la bienvenida me encanto el collage, y tienes una familia muy bella, te felicito,abrazos cecilmil.

hi thank for the welcome I love your collage, your have a family very nice, hugs cecilmil

Fabulous Finds Studio said...

Wow, fabulous welcome sign and I love the antique dresser. Cute kids, too :-)

Have a fabulous day!
Julie

Country Liv . . . said...

I think your home is charming. To be filled to the brim with things you love is a wonderful way to live!
Hugs,
Liv

cindy said...

Love that little Welcome sign. I think you should do a tutorial! So cute! Love your home and all your lovely quotes too!

c