Saturday, March 22, 2008

...he has risen, just as he said... Matthew 28:6



So why all the eggs? Because somehow they have come to symbolize Easter and Christ's resurrection, which is our only hope of forgiveness, and new life, and fresh beginnings.

And because they remind me of my grandma, which has nothing at all to do with Easter, except for the eggs! These are fresh from a friend's hens. They actually come and lay them in a bale of hay on her front porch! The basket belonged to my grandma. She lived in the city when I was young, but she had a large lot with a flower garden, vegetable garden, avocado tree, edible cactus, and a chicken house. She would send me out to gather eggs with this basket. Ah, what sweet memories!

Dear friend, I hope your Easter is full of sweet memories, forgiveness, new life, and fresh beginnings!

2 comments:

Cris said...

You have a beautiful blog Debbie. Happy Resurrection Day. Alleluiah...He is risen!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Beautiful!
Blessings to you~
Cathy