Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day





I know. I'm a day early. But, I just finished this for my honey and I just had to share. It was so much fun. Used some of my stash. Love it when I do that!

The idea for this came from Jamie Harper in Art Journals & Creative Healing, by Sharon Soneff. Jamie's idea was for her children to write letters to a loved one who had died as a way of dealing with their grief. I decided to tweek the idea and write love letters to my husband. He is and does so many things I am grateful for, but, I am sorry to say, I don't always tell him just how much I appreciate him. I will give this to him on Valentine's Day, but I plan on writing love letters all year long.

{We love because he first loved us. ~ 1 John 4:19}

4 comments:

jess said...

technically, your not a day early... cos here in Australia.. its already Valentines Day ;) !!
I LOVE that ♥ Heart box you made!!
*happy valentines day!!!*
Xx Jess

Debbie said...

Thanks, Jess, for pointing that out to me! That reminds me of the song, "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere"...

MarĂ­a Elena said...

Nice box and contens! You post a day before, I will do after.Happy Valentine's Day!

Livvy U. said...

Hello Debbie
Just wanted to re-establish the connection and thank you, as usual, for somehow being my prompt to start writing my blog again... It's nice, uncanny and strange that you always seem to leave the right comment at just the moment I need to hear it.
Beautiful posts, as ever.
Much love
Livvy x