Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Deck of Me Challenges #49 & #41

Lots of projects going on around here! These are a couple of catch up cards from Emily's challenges. This is the 12/09/07 challenge: Time flies

I had to add paper to fit in all the journaling. It says, "Life has certainly flown by. It's cliche but oh so true, "it seems like only yesterday" I was a child growing up in my parents home, then leaving home to marry and start my own family. Looking forward to growing old with John. Before I knew it, our babies were grown, making their own place in the world and their own babies. Now even the grandsons are no longer babies and soon they will be on their own too! And now I no longer look forward to growing old with John - I AM growing old with John! What does that mean for us now? I never really thought about it before and I am not sure. In two days he retires. I guess I'd better get to thinking about it!"

This one's the 10/14/07 challenge: If you had a magic carpet right now, where would you ask it to go?

The journaling on this one is a little personal, but basically it says that I would go back to my first year of marriage and appreciate how wonderful it was.

5 comments:

Rachel Whetzel said...

They turned out SO GOOD, Mom!!

jess said...

WOW! your cards are both GORGEOUS!!!
I love the photo of that clock and also the photo of you and your hubbie on the magic carpet card!!!
Good luck with the rest of your cards!!!
Xx Jess

MarĂ­a Elena said...

I started to read his blog and I loved his work and what you wrote.

Ava said...

Hello:

I really like your deck of me. I have just recently came upon the site. Could you explain how you faded the face of the cards, so that you can still see faintly the card suit....
sanding? whitewash?
You have a beautiful blog, love the music and beautiful rich colour tones on all of your work....great job.

ava
cottagerca

Debbie said...

Hi Ava,

I'm so glad you took the time to leave a comment. I really do appreciate it! I hope you see this. I couldn't link to your blog. I'd love to visit it if you will leave me your address, or email it to me.

You guessed right, I sand the cards. I used 100 grit.

Sincerely,
Debbie