Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas...

Now that my girls are adults the one thing I love the most and ask for whenever I am asked, "What do you want for Christmas/your birthday/Mother's Day?" is, their childhood memories in writing. I absolutely love it when they do this for me! They have no idea how happy it makes me to read about their childhoods from their perspective. I am surprised and delighted by the little things that meant so much to them. My DH even gives me a memory once in a while too! Sometimes I add a picture to go along with the memory, or an embellishment. Usually I just slip them into the plain binder I have for them. Very simple, but definitely my most treasured possession.

{It is the simple joys, the simple pleasures the heart remembers and dearly treasures ~ Hadin Marshall}

(Santa & Rachel circa 1978)

1 comment:

Rachel Whetzel said...

Ohhhhhhh!!! I'm SO CUTE!!! lol