Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Welcome to Karla's Romantic Country Party!


Karla is hosting a Romantic Country Party today over at her blog, Karla's Cottage. I love to go blog parties, but this is my first time to actually participate in one. I'm so excited! The theme of the party is What Do You Love About Your Home?

Let me start by saying WELCOME, whether you are here by accident or by choice! I hope you enjoy your visit and feel free to stop by again anytime. Really, there is no need to call ahead!

So, what do I love about my home? Many things, but mostly I love that it is a comfortable safe haven for family and friends. I haven't put a lot of thought into decorating in any particular fashion. I just buy what I love and somehow it all seems to come together in a way that pleases me.

As you will notice, I collect stuff. Lots of stuff. It is evident in every room of my house and even outdoors. But for today I focused on what I call "the boy's room". It is actually my youngest daughter's old room, but it didn't look this way when she lived here. The truth is, even though I call it the boys room 99% of that stuff in there is really mine! Years ago I made and collected teddy bears. That led to collecting stuff for them. Now I have three grandsons and needless to say this is by far their favorite room in my house. And some of the stuff is actually theirs :)


The quilts were handed down to me by my mother-in-law. For years they were safely stored away. One day I asked myself, why? So my daughters could safely store them away someday? And their children after them? No, I decided, it's time to actually dig 'em out and ENJOY them!

The books in the shelves are mostly ones that I read to my daughters when they were little and now read to my grandsons.


The basket was my grandmother's. I would use it to collect eggs from the chickens when I got to visit her in the summer time. I took the sign from my parent's property before we had to sell it.
Thanks for stopping by! My furry friends and I hope you have a great day and enjoy the rest of the party!

18 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Thanks for coming to the party! I'll go and add you to our list.

daisy cottage said...

So fun! I love the orange locker! Thank you for inviting us into your home!


xo,
Kim

Nunnie's Attic said...

I'm sure they have a ball playing in there! How sweet that you kept all of your daughter's books to now read to your grandchildren. Love the basket!

Love,
Julie

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

so cozy!

Bejeweled said...

What a charming home! And I love your thoughts on the stored quilts :)

IsabellaCloset said...

Hello, You home has love written all over it! Your furry friends are so adorable... Great locker too. ~Mary~ :-}

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Your home just gives me such a warm feeling!
I love what you said about using the quilts too....
:)

Beth Leintz said...

All those stuffed fellows are so sweet- I especially like the pink bunny- he looks like he's seen a lot of love!

Rachel Whetzel said...

What a great party, mom! Love it!

Katrina said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting me!! I absolutely love those quilts. I wish I could find something as lovely for my boys.

linnea-maria said...

Thank you for visiting me. Your grandsons room is so pretty. It was a good idea of you to pick upp your child memories. I hope the boys will treat them carefully. Im self a mother of two little rascals./linnea-maria

corina said...

Hallo, Hola, Buna! Nice to meet you and your home!

The Rose Room said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting me! I love you grandboys room, no wonder it is there fave. Lucky you growing up beside Disneyland, I can see many influences of it in the boys room! Take Care - God Bless - Rachaelox

Natasha Burns said...

I love your Boys Room!!!! It's fabulous!!! Those quilts are absolutely to die for! I have a few antique quilts and my mother is a quilter so I always spot a gorgeous quilt!!!

violetlady said...

Isn't being a grandmother the greatest? I love that you still read your daughter's books to your grandchildren.

Cindy said...

Love your home...is that an orange locker like from school? How cool is that. I'm just now making my way to the "party". Thanks for coming by to see me. I love your place too.

Julia said...

Yes, just like me you have a colorful home ! I loved reading your blog and look at the pictures of your daughters and your beautiful scrap cards ! Thank you for visting my blog !

Lot 53 said...

Absolutely lovely and great use of the space. 1st time visitor (#5582)I've enjoyed my visit to your neat blog ~smiles~