Saturday, July 28, 2007

My house is a disaster, but...

I got to have this guy at my house for four weeks! We went to the movies, watched the first season of My Name is Earl and the second season of Lost on DVD. We went horse back riding on the coast, slept in a tent in the backyard. Roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores. Played Balderdash by moon and tiki light. Went to Graffiti Night downtown. And for walks. And talked. And I made him this while he was here.


Next I got to have this guy for one week. We baked cookies and picked blackberries. Put two puzzles together and a Lego Starwars battleship. We went to the movies, took walks to the school playground. We roasted hot dogs, s'mores and marshmallows. Stayed up late and slept late. And I made him this while he was here.


This one is still too young to vacation at grandma's, but we still had fun playing in the sprinklers. Maybe next summer he'll be ready to spend a few days...

Somehow I also managed to added these to my list of books I've read this summer, but I have the sneaky feeling I am forgetting one...
  • The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini
  • The Thong Also Rises, Jennifer Leo
  • Sand in My Bra, Jennifer Leo
  • Home Town Tales, Philip Gulley


Last, but not least; yesterday I drug this out of the garage, washed it off, filled up the tires and went for a bike ride. Hopefully it was only the first of many.


This is a picture of me (and the fam) when the bike was new. That was 19 years ago!


This was me after my ride yesterday! Whew, am I ever out of shape!

Oh! One more thing. I saw this Pay it Forward on Vintage Pleasure. It sounded like so much fun I that decided to do it here. Here's the deal:

I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week… LOL… but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

3 comments:

Siany said...

Oooh sounds like youve had a fun summer!

I love the idea of the PIF!! I know I dont even know you but I would love to join in?!

xx Siany

jess said...

Thats an awesome Idea!!!
I love the idea of a pay it forward!! Never heard of that before!!!
Xx Jess

Rachel Whetzel said...

I'm in, if I can get this up in time! lol