Monday, July 30, 2007

Deck of Me Challenge #29 ~ Define Perfection & Challenge #28 ~ Goal of the Week

For this challenge, Define Perfection, I borrowed this quote from Rachel's blog. It's so me. I struggle with perfectionism, and while my CD's aren't in alphabetical order (I organize them by genre, lol), I do often lose my creative self in the process. Not good. So I am trying to get over this inner drive to have everything perfect. This Deck of Me project has been a great help. I am experimenting with new techniques, but instead of starting over when I am not satisfied with the result (like with this one), I just leave it and consider it a step in my "recovery".

"Finished is better than perfect." ~unknown

This is my card for the Goal of the Week challenge. This was a no brainer since my grandson was spending the week with me and I planned on spending all my time with him. (That's also my excuse for still being behind on my cards!)

The interesting thing about this card is that I did not like it until it was finished. The entire time I was working on it I was tempted to toss it out and start over, but I made myself keep going and I'm so glad I did!

17 comments:

Ice-Angel said...

Very nice this one!!
X T@M

Tristan said...

Fabulous cards!

Rachel Whetzel said...

I love them BOTH!

beth said...

both cards look great!

Siany said...

Totally agree with your perfection card!!

And love what youve done with Josh's face!! Cute!
xx

valerie said...

love your cards the perfection qoute makes me feel so much better about myself

lisa said...

Particularly love the 'goal' one, the techniques you used look great and what a fab pic of him.

Paula said...

totally gorgeous cards & the "time with Josh" is stunning. I have a thing for clock images.

Jenny said...

Beautiful cards, they're both great!

Nat said...

You cards are amazing!

ParentesFantomet said...

Your cards are wonderful! the colours are just fab.

emfalconbridge said...

wow wow - these are sooo beautiful and have such a magical quality to them!

Lis said...

Such beautiful cards :)

Je@net said...

Great cards!! Love them both!!

Marjolein said...

Great!!! Love the Goal one, that shady photo is super!!

Dani said...

Really cool cards !!

MsGrace said...

so cool! These are just beautiful!!
Laura