Thursday, July 05, 2007

Deck of Me Challenge #26 ~ Daughters


I love this picture of my mom and me. (I'm guessing I was five or six when it was taken) I was so proud of the matching Easter outfits she had made for us! Looking at this picture stirs up so many thoughts and emotions. This prompt was the perfect opportunity to record some of that. The journaling inside the mini file says,

"My mom loved me unconditionally. She always saw the best in me. She always encouraged, but never pushed me. She saw the beauty in simple things. Loved nature. Adored my dad and mourned for him until the day she died. Loved God and is with Him and my dad in heaven. Was a big dreamer and a dream maker. Was outgoing and fun to be around. Always made time for family and friends. Filled our home with music, beauty, comfort and love. Lived artfully and created art. Loved acting, singing, gardening, sewing, painting, trying new things and living. When someone tells me I am just like her I couldn't be prouder!"

6 comments:

Marjolein said...

What a beautiful picture and what a wonderful journaling!! Your mom must have been a wonderful woman!

Je@net said...

Oooh, this is such a lovely card!! What an adorable picture of you & your mom!! And the journal is so sweet!!!

JENN said...

What a great picture and such a lovely card!!!
Adoreble!

Crystal said...

What a lovely tribute to your Mom! The picture is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this card, Deb!

Nat said...

What an amazing photo - LOv ethis card!

Paula said...

I love this card.