Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy 1st Day of Summer!


It seems like summer started in April to me. Probably has something to do with the three weeks we spent in Hawaii... I feel like I've already had a great summer! But, I am so glad it is really just beginning. I have so much I'd still like to do. Like blog faithfully, scrap lots, and spend time with my grandsons (That's Ian on the horse). How about you? What do you look forward to doing this summer?

One thing I do a lot of in the summer is read. I got off to a great start by reading five books while on vacation in you know where. And just yesterday I read another book! If you have any "must read" faves I'd love to hear them. Here is a recap of the books I've read so far:
  • Hawaii's Story By Queen Liliuokalani (the queen's heartbreaking plea for justice)
  • The Guardian By Nicholas Sparks (suspenseful love story)
  • Chicken Soup from the Soul of Hawai'i (uplifting & light)
  • Stupid and Contagious By Caprice Crane (very funny!)
  • Writing Down the Bones/Freeing the Writer Within By Natalie Goldberg ( A+)
  • Porch Talk/Stories of Decency, Common Sense, and Other Endangered Species By Philip Gulley (like Chicken Soup with only one author)
And here is my Deck of Me card for Challenge #24 ~ Remember when...


And a bit of catch up with the card for Challenge #20 ~ Change...


I am trying to learn to embrace change. I know that God has used it to teach me many lessons in the past and He will continue to do so for as long as I'm alive. I know that I grow with each change. Still, it's a huge challenge for me...

{God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. ~Reinhold Niebuhr}

11 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm glad you've had so much summer already!! I'm making a big list of things I want to do (check my blog later) too. Enjoy! Nice photo :))

Je@net said...

Great cards!! And what a great memorie, your first snow!! Snow is always special, isn't it!!

Lis said...

Beautiful cards, really love the I remember one!!

Smullis said...

I love your remember when card...what a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Marjolein said...

Great card, love the remember when ...and summer, yes, we've had lots too already!

Kim said...

Love your cards - I like the colors and accents on your change card - great idea! TFS!

Deborah said...

Love your card and a great memory too :)

A.S.K.-P. said...

GREAT cards Debbie! LOVE the winter one. Soo pretty. I am with you on change. It is a very difficult task for me.

saffiertje said...

Hi debbie,

Thanks for your encouriging comment on my card! Love the thought that throug my cards others can see how God can help us through life! Nice to see your card for week 20 is also in this aspiring thought!
Change is difficult, but God brings change towards a higher level of life and gives us the upportunity to grow trough changes! Please pary for the right descissin of chiurch change in our life. We have the feeling we do not fit in the church we go to and that God has other plans for our k[life, but we want to depent on Him and do his will in changes...
Please pray with us...
Love in christ,

miranda

JENN said...

Great cards!!!!

Flapsi Hapsi said...

Great cards - I can't imagine not seeing snow til you were 18 though... must be an amazing memory.