Sunday, May 13, 2007

Bring the Rain



Is it raining where you live? It is here. We are taking care of my MIL who is 93 years old and has Alzheimer's Disease. It's hard, really hard. My husband thinks I'm a saint. I KNOW I AM NOT! I know my heart. It wishes I could do what I want when I want! It acts just like a two year old, just like her. Unless... unless, I keep my eyes on Jesus. And his will. And his love. And his grace. And his mercy. I'm trying... because I know that drawing closer to him is the only way I will survive this storm. It's the way I've survived, and grown through, all the other storms in my life. I know there is a rainbow at the end of every storm. Even this one. And because he loves me and I love him I am learning to dance in the rain!


{Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds, -his name is the LORD- and rejoice before him. ~ Psalm68:4}

3 comments:

lisa said...

My sympathy regarding your mum, must be very hard.
Of course you can scraplift my bedroom idea :)
I'm a lot more maxine than martha btw

Rachel Whetzel said...

I love you.

Livvy U. said...

Debbie, though I have never met you, I know from our moments of blogosphere connection that you have a true, good heart and that you are very wise. I hope that this difficult time eases a little for you soon. Thinking of you.
Livvy