Saturday, March 17, 2007

Deck of Me Challenge #10 ~ Note to self

I should have this "note to self" tattooed to my forehead! It is so important to me, and yet something I so easily forget. Thankfully, I am reminded of it nearly every time I visit my favorite blogs :)))

These are some of the things that are important things to me:
Growing spiritually
Becoming a reflection of his love
Spending time with my husband, daughters, and grandsons
Living in the moment
Appreciating the simple things all around me
Living artfully

{This-this was what made life: a moment of quiet, the water falling in the fountain, the girl's voice...a moment of captured beauty. He who is truly wise will never permit such moments to escape. ~Louis L' Amour}

*A little confession to those who have commented on the line, "the tyranny of the urgent". I didn't make it up. Sadly, I'm not that clever. It's the title of a little gem I read years and years ago written by Charles E. Hummel and published by InterVarsity Press.

15 comments:

The I Scrap therefore I am Scrapbooking Club. said...

"The tyranny of the urgent" - wow! I think I may have to borrow that one. So many true words here, might have to tattoo them on my forehead too!
Thanks for letting me look at your little bit of you on your blog. :)

Petrina.
http://scrap-petrina-just-scrap.blogspot.com/

Lis said...

Awesome cards :)

Marjolein said...

That's a great note!!

Erin said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. Your stuff is very cool.

saffiertje said...

nice job you did!

Gigi said...

ok...this is amazing!!! the arrows are so effective for your point & i LOVE the way you phrased your journaling. perfect!! gotta remember this....

happydays525 said...

Very good thing to remember! I love the quote that you supplied us all with! :) Thanks so much for sharing!

valerie said...

cool card love the thought behind it

lee woodside said...

Lovin your cards!

Roos said...

what a great card , love youre style

sohpiasmom said...

okay...this note to self is SO important!! Great job...love it :)

Flapsi Hapsi said...

Truly fantastic - I really really need to focus too!

Lynn said...

Love this!!!

Di said...

Love the arrows.....fab :-)

theValkyria said...

Wow, that's an awesome sentiment! It's so easy to rush along and forget.

I still haven't done this challenge (I started late and am behind), but I look forward to it, like I do all of them. Love to make the cards and to see what other scrappers come up with. I'll be checking in here again.