Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Some thoughts on making Resolutions

I seldom make them. In fact, I don't remember ever doing more than think about them. To put them down on paper was too risky. After all, if I failed everyone would know, not just me. Then I read this on Mrs. Staggs' blog, A Happy Miscellany:

What makes the difference between wishing and realizing our dreams? Lots of things, and it may take months or years for a wish to come true, but it's far more likely to happen when you care so much about a wish that you'll do all you can to make it happen. ~ Fred Rogers

Leave it to Mr. Rogers to put it in perspective for me; resolutions are simply wishes and dreams we commit to. (I love that man. He was so sweet, gentle, and wise.) I want to think on that awhile before I make mine. What are my true wishes and dreams for 2007, and, Lord willing, the years to come? The ones I care so much about that I'd do all that I can to make them happen? Which are the ones that would simply be nice to have happen?

1 comment:

Rachel Whetzel said...

Oooooooh! That is some YUMMY stuff to chew on! Thanks!

rachel