Monday, January 01, 2007

Our Christmas Present

The little baby in this picture just celebrated her 25th birthday Christmas day. Isn't she precious?! She was born in Korea, but came home to us on April 2, when she was just three months old. What a blessing she has been to our family. Poor Melea though, it hasn't been easy having a Christmas birthday. What should be 'her day' tends to get lost in the hustle and bustle by family and sometimes completely overlooked by friends. We've tried different ways to make it special, but, without much success. I'm open to suggestions. Help!

{I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; you know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, the days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day. Psalm 139:14-16}

And one last thing on this first day of 2007,

I wish you a more-than-happy new year, full of all the joys you hold most dear!


1 comment:

saffiertje said...

It's hard to be a christmas baby! My hubby is a 4-12 baby. In Holland we have st. Nicolaas at 5-12. Also a terible day to have your B'day.
Never try to do it otherwise...It won't fit.

Great picture by the way... Looks like time flies for you.
Nice to see the grat Psalm qouted. it's one of may favo's. Especially when it comes to my first born! But it fits all my kids...


Have a blessed day!
Miranda