Monday, January 29, 2007

Deck of Me Challenge #4 ~ A symbol you love



I've been itching to get into this challenge by Emily Falconbridge ever since Rachel told me about it a couple of weeks ago. It had already started so that put me behind right of the bat. I thought and thought about what I would do for the first three and before I knew it it was Sunday again, time for a new challenge! But, I knew what I would do for this one right away. The only questions now were, "Do I want to play catch up?" and, "Do I want to do this for 48 more weeks?" Then I had an ah-ha moment: who says I have to do every challenge? NOBODY. I'm the one who makes up these silly rules for myself! Well, enough is enough. I am giving myself permission to only do the challenges I feel like. Besides: I'm not playing with a full deck, so why should my deck have to be full?
{Rachel, I hope you don't mind that I scraplifted your idea for sanding and shading the back of my card.}

19 comments:

Kristen said...

wow what a fantastic card! The black/red effect on the front is so WONDERFUL!!

Leah said...

I love what you've said in this post.. I haven't started this project because I was "afraid" of getting behind. You have the perfect solution.. no pressure.

Lovely card too.. really like the heart.

jess said...

LOVE how you've done the heart!! Its so effective!!! Looking forward to seeing the other cards you will do!!!
Xx jess

Penelope Crackers said...

So so beautiful. I love that heart. The colors are great! I'm glad you joined and I like what you said about not needing to do every week. I needed to hear that. Thanks for giving me permission to be nice to myself by being good to yourself. Have a wonderful week.

Nat said...

Wonderful - love how the actual card comes through!

valerie said...

gorgeous card I was wandering how to attatch metal what a fab idea

Di said...

Beautiful card. I also love the effect of the original card still showing slightly.

cheri said...

Simply beautiful! I haven't used wire for awhile and now you've motivated me to get it out again.

marie said...

wow love it
well done

Lis said...

Love this!! :)

elwira said...

Love it! I really like how the queen is still showing a little bit.

Rachel Whetzel said...

Love it, Mom! I noticed that the Queen (of hearts) was your first card of choice! Not a coincidence, I'm sure! Mmmmm, NOPERS! Don't mind that you scraplifted off of my idea to let the card show and sand and shade. Funny thing. Most people think I've painted. Haven't done that YET! Off to work on the yard after I finish my morning lurk!

rachel

banglamarie said...

I just love your heart-card. So lovely!! :)

Vibeche said...

I love it, beautiful :)

Gigi said...

so beautiful! & welcome to the challenge...can't wait to see what else you come up with!!

Ronda P. said...

This is fabulous! I love that heart! So cool. You're right, We don't have to do them all and put ourselves under pressure! Sometimes I forget that!

michelle said...

welcome to the challenge. i love your card - i love your heart its beautiful

Crystal said...

I've been wanting to do these challenges too - thanks for reminding me that I can do anything I want to!! I love the color of this and your techniques - simply beautiful!!

vivian said...

great! love the heart!!!