Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Oh muh gosh!


This package full of presents from my friend Jill arrived today. She's the one I sent the presents in the last post to. All three of them. If you count the taffy. Granted, it is delicious EGGNOG taffy. And the other two look really pretty. (At least I think so.) Still, Jill's presents look really pretty too AND there are TEN of them! Yes, I counted. I couldn't help it. Not because I care for my sake; I just feel like Jill got cheated. When I opened the box my first reaction was, "Now I have guilt!" (I use that line from the dinosaur in Toy Story more than I like to admit.) I put quite a lot of thought into the gifts I sent. I even made one of them. I think Jill will like them. I don't think she'll think, "Boy did I get cheated." But still, I have guilt...

One the other hand, you need to know this about us; Jill and I have been exchanging gifts for 13 or 14 years now and I have yet to wait until the appropriate day to open them. Jill, on the other hand, is a good girl. She always waits. So here is what I think; she deliberately sent me so many presents just to taunt me! Well, Jill, if you are reading this I have a plan. No, I'm not going to wait until Christmas to open them, but, I am going to ration them out and only open one a day.
This feat will take an incredible amount of self control on my part. I'll let you know how I did in ten days. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Debbie, I would never feel cheated in fact... you may be the one to feel cheated, just because there are 10 (I didn't think to count) of them does not mean they are that great. :) just little things I pick up along the way when I think of you. Now yours on the other hand is hand made... much more to the thought process. I love you with all my heart dear friend. XOXOX jill

Rachel said...

Oh Oh! Jill knows what her present is! Did you KNOW she reads your blog, Mom?

rachel

Tracy said...

I would faint dead away if I received a package as pretty as that on my doorstep. Lucky you! : )