Monday, September 04, 2006

Time Well Wasted


Wow. Today is Labor Day. That marks the end of summer in my book, and it's a sure sign that fall is just around the corner! I like fall and the return to a more structured use of my time. But, I will miss summer, a time to be unstructured and to just let go and live...

Here's a recap of what I did this summer:

Read lots:

  • Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks and Micah Sparks
  • Night by Elie Wiesal
  • For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
  • Acting Their Age by Regina Hale Sutherland
  • Chamomile Mourning by Laura Childs
  • Broken Children, Grown-Up Pain by Dr.Paul Hegstrom
  • 20 Life Transforming Choices Adoptees Need to Make by Sherrie Eldridge
  • 52 Scrapbooking Challenges by Elsie Flannigan
  • A Designer's Eye by Ali Edwards
  • Designing With Type by the Autumn Leaves Design Team
  • Freestyle by the autumn Leaves Design Team
  • the me book by the Autumn Leaves Design Team
  • Signatures by Somerset Studios
  • True Colors by Somerset Studios
  • lots of magazines

That covers the ones I finished. I won't even mention the ones I only started. I also:

Helped Melea move. Watched the boys while Rachel moved. Went to visit the girls in their new homes with and without John. Had Ian at our house a few days. Went to the County Fair. Had Josh at our house a couple of days. Went to the movies. Watered the lawn & garden lots. Took naps outside on the swing. A little bit of heaven... Watched the birds at our feeders. Watched the birds build nests in the yard and care for their babies. Went to an all day scrap. Went to the beach. Had a visit from our dear friends from back in the day, Chuck & Lin. Celebrated our 33rd anniversary. Discovered The New You Seminar and went to one. Learned lots of amazing stuff from Dr. Hegstrom. Caught up on some scrapping. Took Ali's class in Phoenix. Blogged.

Wow. I'm impressed!

{There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1}

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love the lists that make you realize you really DID get things done!! I must say though, that you didn't get in as many trips to your daughter rachel's house as you should have. tsk tsk! you'll have some making up for that to do i should think.

rachel