Friday, August 18, 2006

Happy Anniversary to Us!

This is my favorite photo from our wedding. You can just see the love between us. Two kids really. 18 and 21. Yet so ready to start our lives as one. For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. For the Lord.

Today is our 33rd anniversary. Those years have been full of good times and, yes, hard times. But because of our commitment to each other and our Lord we have survived the hard times, even grown through them. We are still learning and growing. We are still in love...

{Has not the Lord made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his... So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth. ~Malachi 2:15}

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Aniversary! Now it totally looks like I forgot, and that I'll be calling later as an after thought. Geez. Thanks a lot, Mom! Thanks too for the wonderful foundation that you and dad set for Melea and I. The model of what a marriage can be that you and dad have given us is greater than any lesson or how to that there is out there. I am so thankful for the relationship lessons that you and taught us by your example. Travis and I are so very lucky to have BOTH sets of ORIGINAL parents to help our chances of finishing the Marriage Race as the team we started out to be. I love you.

rachel

tammykay said...

You look do beautiful in this photo. Seriously I sooo see the love. I could stare at your face for hours in this photo. It is just gorgeous.

Elly said...

What a beautiful photo!