Thursday, August 03, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

Thank God every morning when you get up that you have something to do which must be done, whether you like it or not. ~ Charles Kingsley

Saturday: We went to our friend Lisa's for her annual Art in the Garden event. Every year she opens her beautiful garden to the community and displays her beautiful paintings throughout the garden. I took lots of photographs even though the lighting wasn't good when we went. Here are a couple that turned out ok...

Sunday: We drove down to Ashland to help Melea load her stuff into the moving van. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. I really wish I'd had it to get a picture of her behind the wheel of that van! Which, fyi, she drove the entire way.

Monday: Was a looong day. We left the house at 8:30am and didn't get home until 11:30pm. But, we got everything there safe and sound with only a few mishaps; John got lost, her TV got cracked (not the screen), and we had trouble finding the place to drop off the van. Sure do wish I had some pictures of her apartment to share. Very cute and homey.

Tuesday: I was going to do some errands in town and get some groceries, but, the car wouldn't start! Took it in for servicing and found out that it is gonna cost big bucks to get it running properly. Ugh! I am tempted to whine about it , but, am choosing instead to be thankful that we have the cash to do it. Girls, remind me if I forget and start to whine!

{...Better to lose count while naming your blessings than to lose your blessings to count your troubles. ~Maltbie D Babcock}

Wednesday: I scrapped a page for the Freestyle Silhouette Challenge. It is very simple. I thought of several ways to "fancy it up", but, in the end I decided I liked it best plain and simple. Best of all, it didn't take me very long to complete. That hardly ever happens because:

I

am

so

slow

Maybe even the world's slowest scrapper

But,

that's a story for another post.

Here's the layout:

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it mom! I can't believe that I didn't look at it when I was there!

Rachel said...

Woo Hoo! I am lucky visitor # 600!!! do I get a prize?!?

rachel