Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day

My dad took this picture of me, Rachel, and John, back in 1979...

I took this picture of Ian, Macs, Rachel, and Josh last month. How cool is that? I'm so glad my love of reading to my girls is one of the 'traditions' Rachel is passing on to her boys. Lots of happy memories there. Reading at bedtime, reading for home school, reading in front of a cozy fire in the winter time, reading on our trips to the coast (and always a trip to WinterRiver for new books), and always hearing, "just one more? please!"

I still love to read. Besides trying to read my Bible daily, most of the year I read my many scrapbook magazines. I read them from cover to cover and I start at the beginning. No cheating. Well, sometimes I cheat. But usually I don't. I didn't used to like fiction. For most of my life I have pretty much stuck to books about growing spiritually, or relationships, or books by or about people who have made the world a better place for all of us. Just recently summer time has become my time to read a little fiction, twaddle, fluff. Last week I read two books, but both of them fall into my normal reading habits. They were:

Night by Elie Wiesel.

Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks.

These are the other books on my Summer Reading List so far:

For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn

The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger

How to Kill Your Husband (and other handy household hints) by Kathy Lette. I can't find this one, and I'm not even sure what it's really about, but it sounds interesting, and I assume funny. Does anyone know where to find it?

So tell me, what's on your summer reading list?

No comments: