Thursday, June 15, 2006

Lucky Me!


On the 6th of June Ali Edwards posted on her blog that there were a few openings in the classes she was teaching on the 10th at No Bare Pages in Phoenix. I called there and left a message hoping I would get one of them. As you can see from the picture, I did! The class was fun, but most of all I enjoyed being able to meet Ali and scrap with the other nice ladies I met that day.

I've been anxious to post ever since then, but I've been on quite the roller coaster ride. I spent the night in Ashland with Melea so I could drive her to check out housing in Hillsoro for when she starts grad school in August. The weather was lousy! I am sooo sick of all this extra rain we are having. It doesn't even feel like summer and June is already half over. But, we had a great four days together; watching the first season of Six Feet Under (for the first time) until the wee hours of morning, sleeping late, talking heart to heart, eating out and cooking in. Just nice being together :)

On the down side, and I mean really down, she got the info on her student loan package and that was quite a disappointment. The interest on the loans is outrageous! She is even reconsidering. That is NOT something she finds easy to do since she had worked long and hard to get to this point. Whatever she decides she is the one who will have to live with her decision. Of course, I am praying for her, but sometimes it is so hard being a mom.

{But, if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He is generous and enjoys giving to all people, so he will give you wisdom. ~James 1:5}

No comments: