Sunday, April 23, 2006

Random Tears

Mom has been gone now for two years and eight months. I think about her every day. Many years after her mother had died she told me that she thought about her every day. To tell the truth, I thought that was a little strange back then. Now I understand. In the beginning I cried a lot when I thought about how much I missed her, and how much I loved her, and how much she loved me, and on and on and on. I don't cry as often anymore. But today, in church, during a worship song, the tears just came on me totally unexpectedly! We were singing about dancing before the throne of God and I could just see her doing that. It would be so like her! The chorus went on, "I will not forget you." It was referring to God, but I was thinking about my mom. I will not forget you, Mom!

1 comment:

Elly said...

reading this made me all teary eyed. My biggest fear in my life is losing my Mom. I cry just thinking about it. She is not in her best of health. Though she is a health nut. She has atrial fibrilation where her heart speeds up for no aparent reason. She's had two procedures done to try and fix it but nope. So I never know what it's going to lead to.